Jollibee is one of the most well-known fast food not only for Filipinos but also for people from other countries. The company has a lot of stores nationwide and even offer different services like drive-thru, deliveries, and even 24/7 stores that cater to different customers with different needs.
Franchising a popular food chain either here or abroad can give you an assurance in terms of investment returns. If you are an Overseas Filipino Worker and deciding which business route to take, the safest road to take is to do franchising of an already proven successful business. How can you become the next franchisee of the Filipino fast food chain?
Jollibee: The Beginning
Jollibee started from humble beginnings. It started out as an ice cream parlor in 1975 with just two branches. To add variety to what they offer, they started serving hot meals and sandwiches to their customers. In 1978, it was incorporated and expanded to seven outlets and planned to turn into a hamburger chain.
Due to its distinct Filipino taste, consumers increased in 1984, hitting its P500 Million sales mark and became one of the Top 500 Philippine Corporations. In just five years in 1989, its sales boasted to P1 billion, and the rest is history. Currently, it now has more than 600 stores and is growing fast not only in the Philippines but also abroad.
Being a Jollibee Franchisee
To better the relationship of the company to its franchisee, Jollibee has different qualifications as its standard whenever they are approving a partner. If these descriptions suit you, you are ready to be the next Jollibee franchisee.
- With good community standing.
- Strong leadership, people-handling skills, and knows how to motivate his people.
- Willing to devote time to managing the restaurant.
- Can successfully complete the required training program.
Jollibee award franchises only to individuals. Upon approval of your franchise request, you can organize a corporation, but you must have a clear majority ownership of the said corporation.
The franchisee is also required to successfully complete a 3-month full-time Basic Operations Training Program at a designated Jollibee training store.
Franchise Fee and Total Investment in the Philippines
The next question is: how much is the Jollibee franchise fee in the Philippines?
In 2017, the franchise investment fee to operate a store in the Philippines ranges from P30 million to P40 million. This increased from the previous fee of P25 million to P35 million in 2014.
This investment amount includes the construction of the store, the kitchen equipment and facilities, furniture and fixtures, signage, air-conditioning system, and other pre-operating expenses.
However, this does not include the cost of the food ingredients, employee salary and wages, venue lease or rental fee, and other related expenses of which are to shouldered by the potential franchise owner.
The Jollibee team also assist the franchisee in the recruitment and training processes of the management team. This team will be the franchisee’s employees and the franchise owner will be responsible for their salaries and benefits even during the training period.
Return on Investment and Payback Period
According to Jollibee, the probability of the restaurant is depending on several factors such as sales, investment, market potential, and the ability of the franchisee to control the operating expenses. The fast-food chain will discuss the details of the investment costs, return on investments, and other details once the approval of the application.
How to Franchise in the Philippines?
Below is the step by step guide to owning your very first Jollibee store.
1. Fill out a Franchise Application Form. It can be downloaded at their official website. Print a copy and make sure that you are answering all the required items completely and accurately.
2. Prepare a proposal containing the following documents:
- Letter of Intent that contains the exact address of the proposed site, your exact mailing address, contact numbers, and other pertinent information.
- Vicinity Map of Proposed Site that will more or less guide the fast-food chain’s field personnel who will go to the site and conduct an on-site evaluation.
- Legal document certifying the applicant’s ownership of the site (this is optional).
- Detailed resume, bio-data or curriculum vitae.
3. Mail the documents to:
JOLLIBEE FOODS CORPORATION
Franchising Services Department
9th Floor Jollibee Plaza
#10 F. Ortigas Jr. Road
Ortigas Center, Pasig City 1605
4. After the receipt of your application documents, there is a lead processing time of about one to two months. Jollibee emphasizes that mere submission of the application form does not obligate the applicant or the business in any way. According to them, processing is just the first step in the entire application process.
5. Once your application has been approved, Jollibee will discuss the franchisee details of investment costs, return on investment, and other concerns.
Your financial capacity and willingness to bring the business on top are the main ingredients to become a franchisee of Jollibee Foods Corporation. If you are determined to franchise in the Philippines, click this link to start your franchising business.