Kuwaiti police officer who kidnapped and raped a Filipina domestic helper got arrested

A Filipina domestic helper who has just arrived in Kuwait was reported by the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) to have been allegedly kidnapped and raped by the Kuwaiti police officer who assisted her for the fingerprint scanning.

The DFA stressed that the matter is now being closely monitored by the Philippine Embassy in Kuwait by coordinating with Kuwaiti authorities, to arrest the 22-year-old suspect, Fayed Naser Hamad Alajmy.

Embassy Chargé d’Affaires Mohd Noordin Lomondot reported to DFA that it was Alajmy who had assisted the Filipina worker in finger scanning registration at the airport when she arrived in Kuwait on June 4.

Lomondot said Alajmy allegedly kidnapped and assaulted the Filipina.  He said further that the employer of the victim is cooperating with the Embassy and the local authorities to hunt down Alajmy and face the charges against him.

The DFA reassured the Filipino people that the government would do everything to give justice to the OFW.

Malacañang condemned the rape incident. In an interview, spokesperson Salvador Panelo stressed, “we are certainly outraged by that and [Labor] Secretary [Silvestre] Bello is responding to that incident.”

Panelo said he has not discussed the matter yet with President Rodrigo Duterte, who last year banned the deployment of Filipino workers to Kuwait following reports of abuses. The ban was lifted when the two countries signed a memorandum ensuring the protection of Filipino workers in the Gulf state.

In an updated report by GMA News, Labor Secretary Silvestre Bello III said on Friday, June 14 that the suspect, Fayed Naser Hamad Alajmy, has been seized by Kuwaiti authorities and is now detained while further investigations are  being conducted and if proven guilty, he will receive corresponding punishment to his crime.

The Filipina overseas worker asked not to be identified and not to inform her family in the Philippines.  She said she just wanted to keep the trauma to herself.

Following the incident, Labor Secretary Bello reiterated that there is no reason to stop deploying workers to Kuwait. “If there is no prompt action taken by the Kuwaiti side I would consider the imposition of a deployment ban. Pero since ginawa naman nila ang dapat gawin then ok na sa akin. We will wait for the result of the investigation,” he said. – LMI

Source: GMA

Comments

comments

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


*


This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.